TransGlobe's combined properties contain a multi-year prospect inventory in prolific international hydrocarbon basins, focused in the Middle East/North Africa region.
- 2004 – Farmed in on the Nuqra concession in Upper Egypt, TransGlobe’s first internationally operated exploration block. Explored and relinquished.
- 2007/08 – Acquired West Gharib concession (100%) in the Eastern Desert. Applied technology and capital to the low-risk, development-oriented fields and achieved production/reserve increases.
- 2011 - Acquired a 100% working interest in the West Bakr concession adjacent to West Gharib in the Eastern Desert. Applied technology and capital to the low-risk, development-oriented fields and achieved production/reserve increases.
- 2012 – Acquired companies holding 100% of the South Alamein concession in the Western Desert.
- 2013 – Acquired three concessions in the Eastern Desert near West Gharib/West Bakr operations via the 2012 EGPC bid round;
- NW Gharib Concession 100%
- SW Gharib Concession 100%
- SE Gharib Concession 100%
- 2013 – Acquired South Ghazalat concession (100%) in the Western Desert via the 2012 EGPC bid round.
- 2015 – Acquired North West Sitra concession (100%) in the Western Desert adjacent to the South Ghazalat Concession, via the 2014 EGPC bid round.
- 2015 - Sold 50% interest in East Ghazalat concession.
Since 1996, the Company has held interests, ranging from 13% to 25%, in four production sharing blocks in the Republic of Yemen ("Yemen"). All of the Company’s interests in Yemen production sharing agreements were non-operating positions.
- 1996/1997 - Acquired interests in Block 32 and Block S1
- 2000 - Block 32 was placed on production with Tasour discovery.
- 2003 - Block S-1 was placed on production with the An Nagyah discovery
- 2005 - Acquired an interest in Block 72
- 2008 - Acquired an interest in Block 75
- 2015 - Relinquished interests in Block 32 and Block 72 in Q1.
- 2015 - Sold interests in Block S1 and Block 75
- 2015 - Exited Yemen